There is a pretty crucial decision you’ll face in Remnant 2, which is about choosing between Faelin or Faerin bosses. These two are enigmatic Fae, each claiming to be the rightful ruler of Losomn, a place that’s a mash-up of dreams and nightmares.
But this isn’t just any choice—it’s a big deal for how your story unfolds and the kind of rewards you end up with. And you know, depending on your playstyle and the character build you’re using, one of these options might suit you better. In this guide, we will explain the consequences of each choice, and how to choose between them.
Where to Find Faelin and Faerin in Remnant 2?
To find and meet Faelin and Faerin, you will need to find two masks in Losomn: the Faelin Mural Piece and the Faerin Mural Piece. The Faelin’s piece is available in the Great Hall while you’ll find the Faerin’s piece hanging out in the Malefic Palace.
Got both masks? Awesome. After that, head over to the Palace Courtyard where you will see a circular device in front of a door. Place the masks into it, and it will open a portal that can lead you to either the Beatific Gallery or the Malefic Gallery. Which one you go to depends on which way the circle’s facing the door.
- Faelin (Light Side of Circle)
- Faerin (Dark Side of Circle)
There’s a lever in the middle of the device that lets you spin the circle around, so you can switch between the galleries. In the Beatific Gallery, you’ll run into Faelin. She’s a bright, very cheerful Fae who’s all, “I’m the true boss of Losomn.” She wants you to take out Faerin, who’s in the Malefic Gallery. Now, Faerin’s the opposite vibe—gloomy, a bit sinister, and he’s convinced he’s the real king in Losomn. He’ll ask you to turn against Faelin, who’s in the Beatific Gallery. You can have conversations with both of them to get their sides of the story before making a choice.
What are the Rewards for Killing Faelin or Faerin?
The major difference between killing Faelin or Faerin depends on the specific rewards you will get from each boss fight. Each choice will give you a powerful weapon and a valuable ring, but they will have different effects and suit different builds.
If you defeat Faelin, you will get the following rewards:
- Imposter’s Heart: This is a crafty item, you can use it to craft the Long Gun Deceit. This weapon shoots a projectile splitting into three after a short distance. It’s a dream for players who love sniping from afar, focusing on landing those critical and weak spot hits.
- Faerin’s Sigil: A ring that’s like a little power booster for your mods. It levels up the Mod Power you get from those critical and weak spot hits by 10%. Very handy for builds that lean heavily on using mods for ranged combat.
Now, if you go the other route and take down Faerin, here’s what you’ll get:
- Melded Hilt: This is the item for crafting the melee weapon Godsplitter. This beast of a weapon doesn’t just hit hard; it also has a chance to make your enemies bleed. It’s perfect for those who like to get up close and personal, focusing on raw damage and status effects.
- Faelin’s Sigil: This ring boosts the Mod Power you gain from melee damage by 10%. If your style is more about swinging swords than shooting bullets and you love using mods, this ring is your new best gear.
To turn these crafting materials into actual weapons, you’ll need to have a chat with Ava McCabe back in Ward 13. Bring along some Luminite Crystals and Scrap to seal the deal. For the rings, you will need to talk to the Fae that you spared after killing their counterpart. They’ll hand over the rings as a thank-you for not sending them to the great beyond.
Should You Pick Faelin or Faerin in Remnant 2?
So, whom should you choose between Faelin and Faerin in Remnant 2? It depends on what feels right for you and how you like to play the game. And there’s no “oops, I messed up” here. You can always play again and make a different choice next time.
But, if you’re looking for a bit of a nudge in either direction, here are some tips:
- Do you like long-range fights or shooting from a distance? Like, picking off enemies before they even see you? Then, taking out Faelin to grab Deceit (long-range rifle) and Faerin’s Sigil will be the perfect option for you. As already said above, these items will increase your Mod Power and help you deal some serious damage from afar.
- Are you more of a get-up-close-and-personal fighter? If you’re into melee combat, then you might want to go after Faerin. This way, you’ll get your hands on the Godsplitter and Faelin’s Sigil, which are fantastic for boosting your melee damage and making your mods even more powerful.
- If you choose to go with a hybrid build, you could pick based on which weapon or ring feels suitable to you. Or maybe it’s about which Fae you vibe with more.
No matter what you choose, prepare yourself for a tough boss fight. These aren’t your average walk-in-the-park battles and if it feels overwhelming, you can always call in some backup. Remnant 2 has online co-op multiplayer support, so you can team up with a friend or even a random player to join the action.
- Remnant 2 Council Chamber Guide: Dungeon Puzzle and Secret
- How to Get Stone of Malevolence in Remnant 2
- Remnant 2 Tal’Ratha Boss Guide
- Remnant 2 Glistering Cloister Puzzle Guide
- Remnant 2 The Executioner Boss Guide
- Remnant 2 N’erud Seeker’s Key Location Guide