Do you have some photos or videos on your Samsung Galaxy phone that you don’t want others to see? Maybe they are personal, sensitive, or other private data. Whatever the reason, you can easily hide them from prying eyes using the built-in features of your phone. In this article, we will show you how to hide photos and videos on your Samsung Galaxy phone using two methods: the Secure Folder and the Gallery app.
Method 1: Using the Secure Folder
The Secure Folder is a special feature of Samsung Galaxy smartphones that lets you create a separate, encrypted space on your phone where you can store your private files, apps, and data. You can access this private folder using your fingerprint, face recognition, or a password. Here are the steps to use the Secure Folder to hide photos and videos on your Samsung Galaxy phone:
- Step 1: Set up the Secure Folder – if you haven’t already, you need to set up the Secure Folder on your device first. To do this, go to Settings > Biometrics and security > Secure Folder. Follow the instructions to sign in with your Samsung account and choose a lock method for the Secure Folder.
- Step 2: Move photos and videos to the Secure Folder. Once you have set up the Secure Folder, you can move your media files to it. There are two ways to do this:
- Option 1: Open the Secure Folder and tap Add files. Choose Images or Videos and select the photos and videos you want to move. Tap Done and choose Move. The files will be moved from their original location to the Secure Folder.
- Option 2: Open the Gallery app and tap on any photo or video you want to move. Tap More (three-dots icon) and choose Move to Secure Folder. Enter your folder lock method and confirm. The photos and videos will be transferred from the Gallery to the Secure Folder.
- Step 3: To view your hidden photos and videos, you need to open the Secure Folder and enter your lock method. Then, tap Gallery and you will see your hidden photos and videos. You can also add more data to this folder from here.
Method 2: Using the Gallery App
Another way to hide media on your Samsung Galaxy phone is to use the Gallery app. The Gallery app has a feature called Hide albums that lets you hide entire albums of photos and videos from the main screen of the app. However, this method is less secure than the Secure Folder, as any expert who knows how to access the secret albums can see your files. Here are the steps to use the Gallery app to hide photos and videos on your Samsung Galaxy mobile phone:
- Step 1: If you haven’t already, you first need to create albums for the photos and videos you want to hide. To do this, open the Gallery app and tap Albums. Tap More and choose Create album. Give your album a name and tap Create. Then, select the files you want to add to the album and tap Done.
- Step 2: Once you have created the albums, you can hide them from the main screen of the Gallery app. To do this, open the Gallery app and select Albums. Tap More (or three-dots) and choose Hide or Unhide albums. Other than the default system albums such as Camera, Downloads, etc, you will see the toggle option in front of all other albums which you can turn off and on.
- Step 3: To view your hidden albums, you need to open the Gallery app and tap Albums. You can unhide the albums from here by turning off the toggle.
Keeping your photos and videos private on your Samsung phone is a breeze and very handy. You’ve got two options: either use the Secure Folder or just tuck them away in the Gallery app. But, just a heads up, these methods aren’t completely uncrackable. If someone knows their way around your Android device or hidden files, they might still get a peek.
So, if you’re serious about keeping your stuff private, think about backing up your photos and videos to a cloud service or an external device. Then, you might want to delete them from your phone. It’s like having a secret diary – sometimes it’s safer to keep it in a locked drawer than just under your pillow.
- How to Unpair Apple Watch With or Without iPhone
- What Does SOS Only Mean on iPhone and How to Fix It
- How to Use the Same WhatsApp Account on Two Phones
- How to Keep Your Gaming Laptop Battery from Exploding
- How to Fix the Steam Disk Write Error