The new PS5 5 update is now out, bringing with it enhancements to system speed as well as reliability updates for the DualSense controller.
The PS5 firmware has been updated to version 21.01-03.20.00. The update also solves a problem that “limited the functioning of various panels while the screen reader was active,” in addition to improving system stability and performance for the DualSense.
The patch also addresses a situation where games you’ve hidden on PS4 may not seem to be hidden on PS5. Lastly, the June 9 update improves the reliability of transferring games to the console from the USB drive. Check out the complete patch notes of the update from the Sony website.
PS5 Update Patch Notes
- This system firmware update boosts the system’s efficiency.
- To increase stability, we’ve updated the DualSense wireless controller device software.
- We’ve corrected a bug that prevented some screens from working properly when using a screen reader.
- We’ve resolved a problem where games you’d hidden on PS4 weren’t being hidden on PS5.
- We’ve improved the stability of transferring games from USB storage to console storage in the game library.
The E3 conference in 2021 is approaching quickly, but Sony/PlayStation will not be there. Sony hasn’t been to E3 since 2018, and you can read more about why here: “Why Sony Is Skipping E3 2021.”
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, the PS5’s upcoming massive game, will be released on June 11.