The ABB 880 drive is a variable-voltage, variable-frequency AC servo motor drive which can be used in both low-voltage DC as well as high-voltage AC applications.
It is an ABB company product that automates the process of heating metal in order to weld it into whatever shape you want and then bend it so it looks aesthetically pleasing.
This drive is a type of servo motor, a kind of electronic motor that can be used in machine tools and manufacturing equipment.
The ABB 880’s features are:
- variable-voltage control, able to adjust and then control the voltage going into the weld. Adjust the voltage at which you are heating it depending on how you want the finished weld to look. How much voltage you use to heat determines how fast or slow it cools after you finish welding it.
- variable-frequency control, which is a key part of this motor. I can adjust the speed and surge of the motor.
- adjustable upstream filter that can be used to remove debris, wood shavings, and other sawdust.
- automatic/manual speed programming, so you can adjust the machine to do whatever it is that you want it to do: weld, bend, or whatever else you want it to do
- AC100-240V (AC voltage). You can connect the ABB 880 drive directly to your current transformer.
- has a light-up display.
ABB 880 Drive Applications
The ABB 880 drive is used for various applications, from welding to bending. The 880 drive can be used as both a stand-alone and complete machine.
For example, in the case of welding, you can choose to weld easily bent metal shapes into various shapes, or you can use the ABB 880 servo motor and differential flexing technique (which is its main feature) to weld any shape into another shape.
You can also bend any materials, including plastics and wood, into whatever shape you want by simply adjusting the voltage at which it is being cooked. It bakes it faster or slower, depending on how much voltage you apply.
The ABB 880 drive can be used to bend large pieces of metal, unlike traditional industrial robots that are not flexible enough.
For example, if you wanted to bend a large piece of metal into a triangular shape, instead of having to weld it yourself and then bend it with your hands, you could use the ABB 880 servo motor with its differential flexing technique to do it for you.
This would be a lot easier, faster, and a lot cheaper than trying to do it by hand.
ABB 880 Drive Technical Specifications
The ABB 880 servo motor and differential flexing technology make it possible to bend metal into whatever shape you want. The only problem is that the ABB 880 drive is not the cheapest solution, but either way, it is highly recommended.
ABB 880 Drive Installation and Maintenance
The ABB 880 servo drive is installed in a wide variety of places, such as:
- in a machine shop where metal is first welded and then bent;
- at the end of the production line, where metal or other various materials are bent into a variety of shapes and sizes;
- at the end of the production line to bend wood, plastic, and other materials into various shapes;
- in milling, factory to bend wood or plastic into various complex shapes.
The ABB 880 drive can be mounted on a factory floor, in an electrical box, or passed through a wall. It also can be easily mounted on machines that have already been built.
- Inspecting the wires and tracking for damage.
- Ensuring everything is clean.
- Oiling the bearings and grease fittings.
- Lubricating the main shaft.
- Other tasks.
Also, you must make sure that none of the free-wheeling electrical brakes are suddenly applied while it is in operation.
ABB 880 Drive Troubleshooting
The ABB 880 drive is a very safe, high-quality machine. It has an automatic, free-wheeling function which means that if the torque of the motor changes suddenly, such as from a piece of wood jamming under it or something else, it will automatically stop for you.
The operational and safety parameters for the ABB drive can be adjusted in case of large pieces of metal etc., to prevent damage to the machine and injury to anyone around it.
- Make sure all electrical connections and wiring are clean and free from debris.
- Inspect bearings for damage and make sure they are properly greased.
- Oil all grease fittings, lubricate the main shaft and perform other such tasks.
- Ensure there is no debris or foreign objects in the track and underneath the motor.
ABB 880 Drive Technical Specifications:
The ABB 880 servo drive is used as a stand-alone machine or as a complete machine. It is used in:
- in welding work where metal is first welded and then bent;
- in bending work where metal, wood, or other various materials are first bent into a variety of shapes and sizes, using methods such as manual differential flexing technology;
- at the end of the production line in wood and plastic bending so that workers can bend wood or plastic into any shape that they want;
- And at the end of the production line to use for milling if needed.